Sunday, November 14, 2010

Decorating a bedroom Gothic Lolita Style

I'm looking for specific ideas as to how to decorate my new bedroom in Gothic Lolita style. I found this interesting post on EGL.
Eight Tips to decorating a Gothic Lolita Bedroom
So here they are and what I am doing about them:

Pick a theme! - Mine is Sweet Lolita.
Pick a color scheme - Pink and White
Browse decorating blogs - In Progress
Choose your furniture wisely - Furniture is what I currently have with the addition of a few new pieces (new vanity and full length mirror)
Money isn’t everything - Looking around for online deals, at thrift stores, etc
Don’t leave your walls bare - I have some lovely girly art prints and Lolita prints and photos
Textile is important - Rugs, curtains, and bedding these are all textiles. These should all fit your color scheme and them.
Accessorize! - All those little things that make a bedroom cozy and exciting!I have lots of ideas for this. But it will take time. No need to do everything all at once.

Couple other helpful links:
Lolita Charm
LJ1
LJ2

This is my new bedding. This set showcases daisies, peonies and butterflies in lovely shades of pink and purple. The walls will be painted a deep shade of pink.

I'm considering this wallpaper border for the bedroom. I think it compliments the bedding and the wall color


Please let me know what ideas you have for me!
Love
Andrea Nicole Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment